Ultra Geothermal in the News
Meet a Green Alliance Business
Posted Dec. 8, 2014 @ 2:01 am | SeacoastOnline.com
Who: Ultra Geothermal Inc.
What: Ultra Geothermal owner Melissa Aho says geothermal's popularity has risen over the years despite its initial upfront cost. With more than a decade of installations, Ultra has proven that customer savings outweigh those costs. Ultra has installed more than 750 systems in New Hampshire alone, including a University of New Hampshire dorm building with 52 operating geothermal units.
Geothermal is one of the cleanest and most efficient renewable energy technologies available, delivering heating and cooling that is up to five times as efficient as that provided by standard fuel oil. While certainly complex, the systems require very little maintenance and, once installed, can have a life expectancy of up to 40 years.
Ultra offers educational one-on-one appointments that showcase an operating geothermal system at its office in Barrington. Ultra Geothermal installations always achieve Energy Star Standards or higher, and all heat pumps are certified. Aho has participated in LEED certification programs through the Jordan Institute and is a member of the Build Green N.H. In 2011, Ultra was one of six New Hampshire businesses to receive New Hampshire Business Magazine's Lean & Green Award.
Where: 130 Old Concord Turnpike, Barrington
What makes it green:
- Provides a cleaner fuel to heat safely and efficiently.
- Uses state-of-the-art technology to give customers the most comprehensive systems available.
- Geothermal systems are five times more efficient than standard heating oil.
- Saves homeowners a significant amount of money on home heating costs.
- All heat pumps in geothermal installations are Energy Star certified.
- Participated in LEED certification programs through the Jordan Institute.
- Is a member of the Build Green N.H. through the N.H. Home Builders Association.
All Green Alliance businesses are green certified. Read Ultra Geothermal's full certification documents and learn more about its sustainability initiatives and those of more than 100 other local green businesses at www.greenalliance.biz.
Originally published in the business section of SeacoastOnline.com